- Develop an International Network for sharing of Patient Safety best practices amongst facilities participating in International Healthcare.
- Facilitate Certification and Accreditation by assisting Global Healthcare facilities in establishing systems for quality control.
- Establish and disseminate quality guidelines and regulations which are useful to 1) developing countries, 2) economies in transition and 3) developed countries.
- Merge Hospital and Hotel facility design to meet environment of care standards for accreditation.
- Provide a support system for a alterntaive medical dispute resolution (ADR) system designed to address complications experienced by International consumers in Global Healthcare facilities. ADR is a recommended option for consumers and patients who might otherwise be overwhelmed by having to litigate through International legal systems.
- Conferences, Seminars, Training, and Workshops for Global healthcare professionals regarding the unique management systems, protocols, new technology and cultural competence issues specific to facilities participating in Global Healthcare.
- Quality Guidelines for Global healthcare.
- Global Healthcare Marketing and Advertising standards to raise consumer awareness on Global Healthcare Issues.
IntHealthCert is a Global Healthcare quality organization, promoting continuous improvement of Emerging Nations. It has three core functions: 1) Patient Safety, 2) Alternative Dispute Resolution System, and 3) Education.
- Create a network for International Leadership in the form of Committees and Satellite offices in Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
- Promote and Assist International Medical Facilities achieve JCI accreditation.
- Offer Specialized Certification Programs to facilitate Quality Improvement.
- Offer educational conferences, workshops, certification, and membership to all qualified professionals worldwide.
- Provide Consumer advocacy support on how to navigate the international healthcare system.